Lars Döpking M.A.
Researcher Contemporary History
+39 06 66049265
Lars Döpking studied political science, sociology and gender studies at the University of Göttingen. From 2016 to 2022 he worked at the Hamburg Institute for Social Research, where he developed a project on the transformations of the Italian tax state between 1945 and 2018, supported by a DHI Rome fellowship in 2017. He took his oral PhD exam at Leuphana University of Lüneburg in 2022, his supervisors were Wolfgang Knöbl, Berthold Vogel and Marc Buggeln. In the meantime, he was also an adjunct lecturer at the University of Lüneburg and Göttingen and worked on a comparative project on the canonization of social theory, funded by the SSHRC. Lars Döpking joined DHI Rome as a researcher in contemporary history in September 2022 with the project Capitalism, what now? Growth Strategies in Western Europe since 1979.
Main research interests
Historical sociology; political and economic history of Italy since 1945; fiscal sociology; history and present of European capitalism; social theory and its canonization.
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft für die Neueste Geschichte Italiens (AG Italien)
- Association for the Study of Modern Italy (ASMI)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie (DGS)
- AK Historische Soziologie der DGS
- Sektion Wirtschaftssoziologie, Soziologische Theorie und Politische Soziologie der DGS
- Arbeitskreis Steuergeschichte (https://www.steuergeschichte.de/)
- Anthropology of Tax Network (https://tax-anthro.net/)